Tuesday 11 April 2017

H - HILLS BECKON


When I Look Up
From Down Below
I Am Amazed
At Their Glorious Heights
I Am Bewildered
At Their Seemingly Insurmountable Summits

But When I Begin Scaling Those Heights
I Find Myself Taken In
By The Smell Of The Earth
By The Might Of The Rocks
By The Soothing Abundance Of Greenery

The Higher I Go
The Thinner The Air Gets
Yet, The Lighter I Feel
And The Closer I Feel To A Higher Power

When The Hills Beckon
Truly, Magic Happens!

Please feel free to leave comments, whether or not you liked what you read. It's a great way to start a conversation or a dialogue. I might be pretty boring in real life, but I promise I'm a lot more fun in this avatar.

A loud and clear shoutout to to Rahul Mhatre for allowing me to use his photograph of a tea garden in Munnar (Kerala). I have been following him on Instagram since almost four months now. As his Instagram feed would suggest, Rahul loves travelling and clicking a lot of pics. In his words, his aim in life is to 'Travel and Shoot'. Like me, he is obsessed with the hills and with forts. Every now and then, he darts off to one of the many hill forts spread across the state of Maharashtra and comes back with a treasure trove of amazing pics. I would have loved to do what he does. He also has a travel blog. Rahul blogs at www.travel-n-shoot.blogspot.in and his Instagram URL is www.instagram.com/mhatre.rahul

Previous posts in the A to Z Challenge - April 2017:-

A - All Apologies (Poem)
B - Baptism (Poem)
C - Chains (Short Story)
D - Door To My House (Short Story / Sentimental / Philosophy / Wisdom)
E - Evil Eye Deliverance (Short Story)
F - Flight of the Lonely Raven (Poem)
G - Girl With The Rings (Weird Story)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type out your comment in the box above and click 'Publish'. You can use your Gmail credentials, alternatively, you could also post comments by keying in your name and the url of your website